There are a ton of great things to do with kids in Los Angeles. Here are some of the highlights:
- Visit the beach!
- Enter the magical world of Disneyland Park (3-9 $86, adults $92).
- Explore a collection of lands from Disney & Pixar films brought to life at Disney California Adventure (3-9 $86, adults $92).
- Learn about space at the Griffith Observatory (Free admission. Planetarium costs $3 for children 5-12, adults $7).
- Take an exciting tour of Universal Studios ($84, $76 if under 48″).
- See lifelike celebrities at the Hollywood Wax Museum (5-12 $9, adults $17).
- Visit the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens (2-12 $13, adults $18).
- Ride the Griffith Park Merry-Go-Round!
- Go to the Aquarium on Santa Monica Pier (under 12 free, adults $5).
- Explore earth’s final frontier at the Aquarium of the Pacific (admission starting at $15 for 3-11, $26 for adults).
- Get wet at the Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Water Park (under 48″ $31, adults $39).
- Ride roller coasters and dozens of other rides at Six Flags Magic Mountain (under 48″ $43, adults $68).
- Ride the roller coasters at Pacific Park (seven and under $14, eight and up $20).
- Visit the Zimmer Children’s Museum (17 and under $5, adults $8).
- Eat a sumptuous feast and watch medieval knights do battle at Medieval Times in Buena Park (12 and under $36, adults $58).
- Go on a Faery Hunt ($15).
- Tour Beverley Hills on a Trolley (12 and under $1, adults $5).
- See the amazing Watts Towers (12 & under free, 13-17 $3, adults $7).
- Enjoy a whole host of entertainment at the L.A. County Fair!
- Attend the Festival of Books.
- Go to one of the Getty Center’s Family Festivals.
- The Tall Ships Festival is a great place to see a bunch of old sailing ships!
- Take the Cruise of Lights in December.
- See the Rose Parade on New Years Day, the crowning event of Pasadena’s Tournament of Roses.
- Experience Chinatown’s Golden Dragon Parade and New Year Festival!